2019-2020 Uniform Policy
It is the obligation of Grace King High School to provide an educational atmosphere that is conducive to the learning process. Students, teachers, and administrators have the right to work and learn in an environment that encourages reflection and engagement. To promote safety and limit distractions, students will wear the designated Grace King High School uniform with no alterations, modifications or embellishments. These uniforms may be purchased from the designated uniform shops listed at the end of the post.
- New Freshmen must wear the gold polo shirt.
- Upperclassmen (10th to 12th graders/sophomores,juniors and seniors) may wear only the hunter green polos with the Grace King logo. The white oxford shirt will no longer be allowed.
- Shirts must be long enough to be neatly tucked inside.
- Only khaki “DICKIE TYPE” pants are allowed. No jean/denim fabrics are allowed. Pants cannot have cell phone pockets.
- No joggers or pants with draw-string waists allowed.
- Khaki shorts that extend below just below the knee are acceptable until October 1, 2019.
- Only black or brown belts are allowed.
- Lace-up shoes in the color of solid black with no secondary or no additional accent color.
- No hoodies are ever allowed.
- Outerwear MUST be a Grace King High School sweatshirt or zippered jacket. Enrolled students will receive a Grace King sweatshirt with payment of the Grace King student fee of $25.
- Students may purchase Grace King jackets sold in the Office of Operations/Shamrock Spirit Shop in August.
Grace King sweatshirt – $15.00
Grace King zippered jacket – $30.00 – $35.00
- Hats or caps may not be brought to school. During cold weather, knit pull-on caps or beanies in black, green, gold or white with NO emblems or insignia may be worn. Grace King beanies may be worn and are available for purchase in the Shamrock Spirit Shop for $10.00.
- Girls who wear hijabs or head coverings for religious reasons must wear a covering solid in color in either green, yellow, gold, white or black. No other colors are allowed.
Uniforms may be purchased from the following businesses:
Fashion Arcade – 3440 Division Street, Suite F – (504) 887-3308
Schiro’s School Time Uniforms – 5008 W. Esplanade Ave. (504) 885-2293
Skobel’s School Uniforms -3001 Clearview Pkwy (504) 264-7733
Soul Train Fashion – 3311 W. Esplanade Ave. (504) 267-5466
Uniforms by Kajun – 7103 Veterans Blvd – (504) 888-4840
Uniformity School Uniforms – 7032 Veterans Blvd – (504) 779-9724