New as of November 15, 2017
The Geisinger Scholarship: During his lifetime, Joseph M. Geisinger created a trust fund to provide support to forward the careers of students pursuing degrees in engineering at the University of Michigan. The scholarship will provide $20,000 in annual support to students from selected geographic areas who are enrolled full-time at the University of Michigan and pursuing an undergraduate degree program in engineering. For more information, please visit Geisinger Scholarship
Deadline: 5 PM, 17 January 2018
New as of November 10, 2017
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Amount of Award – $500.00. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply. Deadline – 06/19/18
New as of September 30, 2017
Spend your time on Snapchat? Did you know that careers and opportunities with apps like Snapchat can be fueled by computer science education? With coding skills you can actually be the creators!
Google’s Made with Code and Snap Inc. has launched the #MyFutureMe Challenge. The Challenge will show teens ages 13-18 how they can thrive at the intersection of creativity and technology, and empower them to see how coding can be a tool for self-expression.
Visit madewithcode.com and code your own geofilter, then share your vision for the future in a 100 word statement. The contest is open from September 27 – October 8 and five finalists will attend TEDWomen in New Orleans (November 1-3) where they’ll receive mentoring sessions from Google engineers and work with Snap Inc. engineers to create a lens. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Google, Snap Inc. and celebrity judges, and their lens will go live in the Snap app nationally. They’ll also get to travel to the Snap Inc. and Google offices in Los Angeles, and receive $5,000 from Snap Inc. towards YOUR school’s computer science program. Deadline: October 8, 2017
New as of September 19, 2017
Animation Career Review “Aspiring Animation Professional” Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing an animation related degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit AnimationCareerReview.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the seventh year we have offered this scholarship.
Fashion Schools “Aspiring Fashion Professional” Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit Fashion-Schools.org to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the fifth year we have offered this scholarship.
Online MBA Report “Aspiring Business Professional” Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit OnlineMBAReport.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the third year we have offered this scholarship.The deadline for all three scholarships is June 1, 2018.
New as of September 12, 2017
- Each year at the Louisiana American Italian Sports Hall of Fame Gala, the American Italian Renaissance Foundation awards college scholarships to current highg school seniors of Italian descent who have excelled athletically and academically. The scholarship application is now available on the website, AmericanItalianCulturalCenter.com or upon request at (504) 522-7294. The application must be filled out by the student. Deadline: November 15, 2017
New as of September 11, 2017
- Since 1994, the Wendy’s® High School Heisman® Scholarship has been recognizing and rewarding senior athletes who excel in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. This year, we’re awarding $150,000 in college scholarships. Give your most well-rounded seniors a shot at winning. 100 Scholarship Winners. 2 From Every State.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman recognizes 2 winners—one male athlete and one female athlete—from each state.
- 90 State Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship
- 10 State Winners move on as National Finalists with a chance to attend the Wendy’s High School Heisman weekend in New York City
- 8 National Finalists receive a $5,000 scholarship
- 2 National Winners receive a $10,000 scholarship along with national honor and recognition during ESPN’s telecast of the college Heisman Memorial Trophy presentation
- Plus, the first 1,000 applicants get a $10 Wendy’s gift card!
They’ve done the hard work. Now, they just need to apply.
Winning the Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship requires a GPA of 3.0 or better, participation in at least one school-sponsored sport, and demonstrated leadership at school and in the community. Deadline: October 2, 2017
New as of September 8, 2017:
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 29th class in 2017, the Foundation has provided over 5,850 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $63 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Apply online now! Deadline: Octobr 31, 2017, 5 PM EST
New as of March 22, 2017 The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students between March 23, 2017 and April 1, 2017. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- ASMC National Scholarships – March 31, 2017 (11 Awards – $3,000)
- NSHSS STEM Scholarships – April 1, 2017 (1 Award – $1,000)
- Writers of the Future Scholarship – April 1, 2017 (13 Awards – $5,000)
- Dr. Anita Young Boswell Scholarship – April 1, 2017 (2 Awards – $1,000)
- VIP Scholarship – March 31, 2017 (1 Award – $5,000)
- SP Scholarship – March 31, 2017 (10 Awards – $10,000)
- YDI Scholarship – March 29, 2017 (1 Award – $1,000)
Nunez Community College’s First Time Freshmen scholarship Chancellor’s and Phillips 66—Due Date: April 20. The applications are done completely online, but some scholarships require a high school form and letters of recommendation to be uploaded.
- Phillips 66 Alliance Refinery Scholarship
- Nunez Chancellor’s Scholarship High School Information Sheet
New as of March 20, 2017
- CGTrader Scholarship – Backed by Intel Capital, CGTrader is one of the world’s leading 3D model platforms. Each semester our company challenges students to dig into the field of technology by writing different essays on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. For the following Spring semester the topic is: “The future of technology in education”. The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each. All information and eligibility requirements can be found here.
New as of February 8, 2017
- Horatio Alger Louisiana Scholarship Program is awarded to 25 high school seniors in the amount of $10,500 for deserving students who have financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Scholarship criteria also include high school graduation in spring/summer, commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree, and United States citizenship. The award will be disbursed over the student’s college career. Students must plan to attend and enroll in a university or college in Louisiana. Students may apply online January 15, 2017 – April 15 at scholars.horatioalger.org Deadline: 04/15/17
- Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association Hospitality Education Foundation – High School students planning to study Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism at either University of New Orleans, Delgado Community College, or Nunez Community College may apply for scholarships up to $8,000. To access the application, click here. Deadline: 03/17/17
- Rotary Club of Metairie and Harahan Rotary Memorial Scholarship – The objective of these scholarships are to provide financial assistance to deserving college bound high school seniors. Several top recipients will be awarded a scholarship of $8,000, which is funded at $1,000 per semester. Additionally, several recipients will be awarded a one time award of $1,000. The $8,000 scholarship is renewable each semester. In order to qualify for the renewal, the recipient must maintain a 3.0 grade point average and provide a copy of their grades prior to funding. Students must meet the following eligibility: be a resident of Jefferson Parish, Eastbank; a graduate of an Eastbank JPHS, and be a citizen of the United States of America. Additional selection criteria and the application may be found in your counselor’s office. Deadline: 03/31/17
New as of January 31, 2017:
- The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2017 Women of Excellence Awards and applications for the Educational Advancement Opportunity (EAO) Scholarships. Recipients of the College and High School Woman of Excellence Awards will receive the LLWC Foundation Scholarship for $2,500. The EAO Scholarship Award amount is $1,000. The criteria and forms for the awards and scholarships are available online at llwcf.org or llwc.louisiana.gov, and then click on the Nomination and Scholarship Forms’ link. Categories for the 2017 awards and scholarships are: College Woman of Excellence (ages 18 to 25, High School Woman of Excellence (for graduating seniors, Educational Advancement Opportunity Scholarship, Recipients of the awards and scholarships will be recognized at the 10th Annual Women of Excellence Awards & Scholarships Ceremony and Reception. The date and location is being finalized. Deadline to apply: Friday, 02/24/17.
New as of January 24, 2017:
- Moolahspot Scholarship The $1,000 MoolahSPOT Scholarship is sponsored by MoolahSPOT.com and helps students of any age pay for higher education. The scholarship is a competition based on a short essay. Family income, grades and test scores are not used in selecting a winner. The award must be used for any education-related expenses such as tuition, fees, books and room and board. Deadline: 4/30/17
- College JumpStart The College JumpStart Scholarship is an annual, merit-based competition — financial need is not considered — that is open to 10th-12th graders, college students and non-traditional students. The main requirement is that you are committed to going to school and can express your goals for getting a higher education. The first place prize is a $1,000 scholarship to help cover educational expenses. This award can be used at any college or university in the United States. Deadline: 4/15/17
- Do Something Awards – Since 1996, DoSomething.org has honored the nation’s best young change-makers, ages 25 and under. Do Something Award finalists have made a significant impact in their cause space and are showing the world how it’s done. Each year, five finalists are rewarded a $10,000 grant to continue their work, along with media coverage and support from the team at DoSomething.org. The grand prize winner receives — wait for it — a $100,000(!) grant to take their initiative to the next level.
- LULAC General Awards – As part of LULAC’s education efforts, the LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF) was established in 1975 to provide scholarships to Hispanic students attending colleges and universities. Under the LNSF program, local LULAC Councils, in partnership with local and national businesses, award scholarships to students in their communities. LNSF is administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc., a non-profit educational organization established by LULAC to provide educational programs for Hispanics and other youth.
- Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its third annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. Our website will award a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates: A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics and a passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare.This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue a college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs. Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2017.Interested students may visit www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website’s homepage. There you will find detailed scholarship information and the official application form. Deadline: 06/30/7
- BigSun Scholarship The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Amount of Award – $500.00. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply. Deadline – 06/19/17
- Tulane University Students who intend to apply for admission to Tulane University may also apply for scholarships http://admission.tulane.edu/tuition-aid/merit-scholarships
- Delta Sigma Theta The application for the New Orleans Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. 2017 College Scholarships is now available on-line at https://form.jotform.com/62307755210146. Scholarships are awarded to Metro New Orleans area high school seniors who plan to attend Dillard University, Xavier University, Southern University at New Orleans, Tulane University, University of New Orleans, Loyola University and Delgado Community College. Deadline: 01/17/17.
- 2017 LRAEF Scholarship Cycle Now Open! Please go to http://www.lraef.org/scholarships Deadline: 01/31/17
- Abbott & Fenner are committed to continuing our efforts at helping those who have the desire and ambition to succeed.The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. The winner(s) of this annual scholarship will receive their award within 2 weeks of the listed deadline. All applicants should include their full name and mailing address with their submissions. To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.orgDescribe your educational career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals.
Varsity Brands School Spirit Award
The search is on for America’s best high schools, with awards totaling $100,000 from Varsity Brands. The grand prize winner will be named America’s Most Spirited High School and will receive $25,000 for their school. $100,000 in Awards Across 23 Categories. Click here for all information.
Date to be determined.
It may be cold in many of our testing rooms. Please bring appropriate clothing.