New as of March 22, 2017 The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students between March 23, 2017 and April 1, 2017. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
- ASMC National Scholarships – March 31, 2017 (11 Awards – $3,000)
- NSHSS STEM Scholarships – April 1, 2017 (1 Award – $1,000)
- Writers of the Future Scholarship – April 1, 2017 (13 Awards – $5,000)
- Dr. Anita Young Boswell Scholarship – April 1, 2017 (2 Awards – $1,000)
- VIP Scholarship – March 31, 2017 (1 Award – $5,000)
- SP Scholarship – March 31, 2017 (10 Awards – $10,000)
- YDI Scholarship – March 29, 2017 (1 Award – $1,000)
Nunez Community College’s First Time Freshmen scholarship Chancellor’s and Phillips 66—Due Date: April 20. The applications are done completely online, but some scholarships require a high school form and letters of recommendation to be uploaded.
- Phillips 66 Alliance Refinery Scholarship
- Nunez Chancellor’s Scholarship High School Information Sheet
New as of March 20, 2017
- CGTrader Scholarship – Backed by Intel Capital, CGTrader is one of the world’s leading 3D model platforms. Each semester our company challenges students to dig into the field of technology by writing different essays on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. For the following Spring semester the topic is: “The future of technology in education”. The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each. All information and eligibility requirements can be found here.
New as of February 8, 2017
- Horatio Alger Louisiana Scholarship Program is awarded to 25 high school seniors in the amount of $10,500 for deserving students who have financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Scholarship criteria also include high school graduation in spring/summer, commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree, and United States citizenship. The award will be disbursed over the student’s college career. Students must plan to attend and enroll in a university or college in Louisiana. Students may apply online January 15, 2017 – April 15 at scholars.horatioalger.org Deadline: 04/15/17
- Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association Hospitality Education Foundation – High School students planning to study Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism at either University of New Orleans, Delgado Community College, or Nunez Community College may apply for scholarships up to $8,000. To access the application, click here. Deadline: 03/17/17
- Rotary Club of Metairie and Harahan Rotary Memorial Scholarship – The objective of these scholarships are to provide financial assistance to deserving college bound high school seniors. Several top recipients will be awarded a scholarship of $8,000, which is funded at $1,000 per semester. Additionally, several recipients will be awarded a one time award of $1,000. The $8,000 scholarship is renewable each semester. In order to qualify for the renewal, the recipient must maintain a 3.0 grade point average and provide a copy of their grades prior to funding. Students must meet the following eligibility: be a resident of Jefferson Parish, Eastbank; a graduate of an Eastbank JPHS, and be a citizen of the United States of America. Additional selection criteria and the application may be found in your counselor’s office. Deadline: 03/31/17
New as of January 31, 2017:
- The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2017 Women of Excellence Awards and applications for the Educational Advancement Opportunity (EAO) Scholarships. Recipients of the College and High School Woman of Excellence Awards will receive the LLWC Foundation Scholarship for $2,500. The EAO Scholarship Award amount is $1,000. The criteria and forms for the awards and scholarships are available online at llwcf.org or llwc.louisiana.gov, and then click on the Nomination and Scholarship Forms’ link. Categories for the 2017 awards and scholarships are: College Woman of Excellence (ages 18 to 25, High School Woman of Excellence (for graduating seniors, Educational Advancement Opportunity Scholarship, Recipients of the awards and scholarships will be recognized at the 10th Annual Women of Excellence Awards & Scholarships Ceremony and Reception. The date and location is being finalized. Deadline to apply: Friday, 02/24/17.
New as of January 24, 2017:
- Moolahspot Scholarship The $1,000 MoolahSPOT Scholarship is sponsored by MoolahSPOT.com and helps students of any age pay for higher education. The scholarship is a competition based on a short essay. Family income, grades and test scores are not used in selecting a winner. The award must be used for any education-related expenses such as tuition, fees, books and room and board. Deadline: 4/30/17
- College JumpStart The College JumpStart Scholarship is an annual, merit-based competition — financial need is not considered — that is open to 10th-12th graders, college students and non-traditional students. The main requirement is that you are committed to going to school and can express your goals for getting a higher education. The first place prize is a $1,000 scholarship to help cover educational expenses. This award can be used at any college or university in the United States. Deadline: 4/15/17
- Do Something Awards – Since 1996, DoSomething.org has honored the nation’s best young change-makers, ages 25 and under. Do Something Award finalists have made a significant impact in their cause space and are showing the world how it’s done. Each year, five finalists are rewarded a $10,000 grant to continue their work, along with media coverage and support from the team at DoSomething.org. The grand prize winner receives — wait for it — a $100,000(!) grant to take their initiative to the next level.
- LULAC General Awards – As part of LULAC’s education efforts, the LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF) was established in 1975 to provide scholarships to Hispanic students attending colleges and universities. Under the LNSF program, local LULAC Councils, in partnership with local and national businesses, award scholarships to students in their communities. LNSF is administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc., a non-profit educational organization established by LULAC to provide educational programs for Hispanics and other youth.
- Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its third annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. Our website will award a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates: A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics and a passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare.This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue a college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs. Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2017.Interested students may visit www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website’s homepage. There you will find detailed scholarship information and the official application form. Deadline: 06/30/7
- BigSun Scholarship The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Amount of Award – $500.00. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply. Deadline – 06/19/17
- Tulane University Students who intend to apply for admission to Tulane University may also apply for scholarships http://admission.tulane.edu/tuition-aid/merit-scholarships
- Delta Sigma Theta The application for the New Orleans Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. 2017 College Scholarships is now available on-line at https://form.jotform.com/62307755210146. Scholarships are awarded to Metro New Orleans area high school seniors who plan to attend Dillard University, Xavier University, Southern University at New Orleans, Tulane University, University of New Orleans, Loyola University and Delgado Community College. Deadline: 01/17/17.
- 2017 LRAEF Scholarship Cycle Now Open! Please go to http://www.lraef.org/scholarships Deadline: 01/31/17
- Abbott & Fenner are committed to continuing our efforts at helping those who have the desire and ambition to succeed.The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. The winner(s) of this annual scholarship will receive their award within 2 weeks of the listed deadline. All applicants should include their full name and mailing address with their submissions. To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: email@example.comDescribe your educational career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals.
Varsity Brands School Spirit Award
The search is on for America’s best high schools, with awards totaling $100,000 from Varsity Brands. The grand prize winner will be named America’s Most Spirited High School and will receive $25,000 for their school. $100,000 in Awards Across 23 Categories. Click here for all information.
The Spring ASVAB exam will be held on the morning of Tuesday, February 7 in the cafeteria. This is an assessment that can help students explore career and military readiness. Students who take this exam will ONLY be scored against other students.
2016-17 ACT Test Dates
|Test Dates||Registration Dates|
|June 11, 2016||May 6, 2016|
|September 10, 2016||August 5, 2016|
|October 22, 2016||September 16, 2016|
|December 10, 2016||November 4, 2016|
|February 11, 2017||January 13, 2017|
|April 8, 2017||March 3, 2017|
|June 10, 2017||May 5, 2017|