- The student’s parent/guardian must come to the Front Office to sign the student out properly, regardless of the student’s age.
- The clerk will contact student’s parent/guardian listed on the computer. Only the phone numbers listed on the computer will be used for parent/guardian contact. **
- The student will then be called from their class.
- Check outs for freshmen cannot be accommodated from 10:39 AM to 11:20 AM, and check outs for upperclassmen cannot be accommodated from 12:20 PM to 1:03 PM.
- Doctor and dental appointments should be scheduled after school. If such an appointment is scheduled during school time, such an excuse does not excuse the student for the entire day unless such appointment lasts all day.
- THERE ARE NO STUDENT CHECK OUTS AFTER 2:00 PM.
**Note: If any parent/guardian information changes during the school year, it is important to change this information at school immediately. Please call to request a new Emergency Contact Card at (504)888-7334.
LATE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
- Students arriving after 7:25 a.m. should be accompanied by their parents and must also check-in in the gym foyer. A member of the Operations Department shall compile and submit a list of tardy students’ names to Ms. Kersey or Ms. Bonura before 8:15 a.m. so that attendance is properly recorded in JCampus.
- After 8:00 a.m. all check-ins are done by the main office staff and recorded immediately.
- A student may check in with a parent until 10:00 AM.
- After 10:00 AM, a student must bring a parent/guardian as well as a doctor’s note in order to be admitted to class.
- Parents and students must report to the Office of Operations to check in upon a late arrival after 10:00 a.m..