Grace King High School
Cold Weather Uniform Policy Reminders
- The only pull-overs allowed are the official Grace King sweatshirt or Grace King sweater.
- White oxford uniform shirts must be worn at all times, even under sweatshirts.
- No henlies or non-uniform sweatshirts.
- No hoods of any kind are allowed on campus.
- No vests are allowed.
- Jackets must be either green, yellow, grey, black, white, or khaki.
- No other colors are allowed.
- No jean jackets
Hats and Scarves
- No hats are allowed on campus.
- Knit caps may be worn in extremely cold weather.
- They MUST be removed inside of the building.
- The only permissible colors are green, yellow, grey, black, white, or khaki.
- Scarves may be worn, but only in the following colors: green, yellow, grey, black, white, or khaki.
- No bandanas may be worn at any time.
Pants and Skirts
- All pants must be Dickies style khaki pants.
- No jeans
- Pants must be secured at the waist with a khaki, military style belt.
- Skirts must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sweatpants, leggings, or pajama bottoms may be worn under skirts at any time.
- Black footed tights may be worn under skirts.
- All shoes must be closed-toe and closed heel.
- No boots, sandals or heels.
- Students found in violation of the policy will be asked to remove non-uniform items.
- These items will be confiscated and returned to the student at the end of the day.
- If a student refuses to surrender an item to a teacher, parents will be called and he or she will be subject a Saturday detention.
- If a student refused to surrender an item to an administrator, parents will be called and he or she will be subject to an in-school suspension.
- If the item cannot be removed (ex: incorrect pants or shoes), parents will be called and students will be subject to a Saturday detention.
- Students not in uniform will not be allowed to attend classes until they are in correct uniform.