Thank you for your presence as we honor and celebrate this year’s graduating class of Grace King High School. We are proud to have you as our guests and you should be extremely proud of your graduate’s accomplishment.
We are very pleased to have a graduating class of over 250 students. Because every graduate is just as important as the next, and because high school graduation must be regarded as a formal ceremony, we wanted to remind you of a few special conditions to maintain proper decorum:
- Graduates are required to adhere to the rules distributed at graduation practice regarding appropriate clothing. Please note that the venue is a large facility and you will need to walk up and down stairs.
- Use the restroom before the ceremony begins.
- Leave valuables and your cell phone(s) with family members during the ceremony. There is no secure location for your belongings.
Family and friends:
- Cell phones should be placed on “vibrate” or silent during the ceremony
- Family and guests are expected to remain seated for the entire ceremony and are prohibited from leaving their seats in order to take pictures or talk to graduates.
- Beach balls, fog horns, signs, and balloons are strictly prohibited.
- Arrive early with your entire party to get a good seat. It is first come, first serve seating and “saving seats” is not permitted.
- We believe every name should be heard when the graduates are called. Please remain quiet during this time. We want to respect each graduate and their guests by ensuring that their name is heard. We also will respect the decorum required of a high school graduation.