Students who wish to run for the 2016 Homecoming Court may self-nominate. Names must be submitted on the nominating sheets in the library by the second lunch on Friday, Sept 23.
The 2016 Homecoming Court will consist of:
- 1 freshman boy and 1 freshman girl
- 2 sophomore boys and 2 sophomore girls
- 3 junior boys and 3 junior girls
- 4 senior boys and 4 senior girls
The homecoming court will will be comprised of students who are elected by their peers and meet the expectations of a model Grace King student. All nominees for the homecoming court must meet the following qualifications:
- have no referrals for the 2016-2017 school year.
- have no more than three absences for the 2016-2017 school year.
- must be a full time student . Students who have early release are not eligible.
- have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- have taken the ACT, if a senior.
- Exemplify the pursuit of excellence through participation in at least one of the following:
- enrollement in an Advanced Placement (AP) class
- enrollement in a Dual-enrolment class
- Club, sport, or other campus organization
- Record of community service
- Attend a mandatory meeting for all official nominees on Friday, September 23rd, for approximately 10 minutes in 4th block in the library. An announcement will be made for your release from class.
Seniors who are elected to the homecoming court and are running for King and Queen on the court must submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation from an adult who is not a member of his or her family, e.g. teacher, coach, boss, mentor, etc.
- A 500 word essay on why he or she would represent Grace King well as our King or Queen.
- Attend a mandatory meeting for all seniors who have been elected to the homecoming court on Thursday, September 29th, for approximately 10 minutes in 4th block in the library. An announcement will be made for your release from class.