OCTOBER (Louisiana College Application Month)
- Complete counselor need to see form to talk about college. You can also see me during lunch or after school.
Inform counselor of your college/university of choice so that she can schedule college visits.
- Create a college list; a list of colleges you may be interested in attending. Start filing out applications online.
- Meet all admission, financial aid, and scholarship application deadlines with your college or university.
- Register for the ACT if not previously taken. Fee waivers are available for free or reduced lunch students (Only 2 per student a lifetime). Requests should be made to your IS teacher. He/she will submit your name to counselor’s office. Sign up now www.actstudent.org. The King school code is 191-779. To take the test at King use 171-620. Be sure to include the TOPS code (1595) in the Scholarship/College Code section.
- Check your transcript, ACT, and grade point average to make sure that you meet the college requirements.