The Jefferson Dollars for Scholars application is only available online on the Students and Parents tab. A list of available scholarships is also posted.
- Registration is necessary so student can come back to the application to complete or edit it.
- Parents have a segment to complete. This is generated by applicant putting in parents’ email address.
- Counselors have a segment to complete. This is generated by applicant putting in counselors’ email address. Applicant should also upload transcripts, both weighted and unweighted. Comments are also important for consideration of Jefferson Dollars of Scholars.
- Essays have no minimum or maximum length but this is how the committee gets to know an applicant. It is advantageous to put some time into those two requests for information.
- The committee needs to know where applicant has applied and wants to go to college because some of the awards are specific to universities.
- Students are asked to select the scholarships for which they want to be considered. They must “submit” their application to each award to show up as an applicant.
- Scholarships are awarded by email.
- The deadline is TBD but will most likely be in early February.